Hurricane Matthew is expected to bring rain, heavy winds and other coastal impacts to the Myrtle Beach area late this week, likely late Friday and into Saturday, according to the latest projections.
The storm’s path can change quickly, and we are closely watching the forecasts.
We know our guests – especially those with reservations this weekend or those with campers in storage – are closely watching the storm, too.
Here are a few things to know:
RESERVATIONS | You can modify or change your reservation at any time. Ocean Lakes is waiving the usual fee because of the storm. Call 1-800-722-1451 and one of our teammates will help you. Our reservations line is extremely busy, so please be patient. If you get on hold, do not hang up – a teammate will connect with you shortly.
CAMPER STORAGE | If you choose to remove your camper from storage, call 1-800-722-1451 to make arrangements. It’s your call whether to remove it from storage based on the latest forecast and the insurance you carry on your RV. Our team monitors the storage lots through the storm and takes any action we can, but there’s just no way of knowing what this storm could do.
ANNUAL LEASE SITE OWNERS | If they feel it is necessary, homeowners can board up their windows and doors; there are no restrictions.
UPDATES | Closely watch the forecasts. The storm can quickly change paths. We will continue to post updates on Facebook and our website, OceanLakes.com.
Here are a few more websites that post the latest information:
· Horry County Hurricane Information Center (www.horrycounty.org)
· South Carolina Emergency Management Division (www.scemd.org)
· NOAA -National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (www.noaa.gov)
· American Red Cross (www.redcross.org)
· The Sun News (www.myrtlebeachonline.com)
· WPDE-TV 15 (www.wpde.com) - a local TV broadcaster
· WBTW-TV 13 (www.wbtw.com) - a local TV broadcaster
· WMBF-TV 10 (www.wmbfnews.com) - a local TV broadcaster
· FEMA - Federal Emergency Management Agency (www.fema.gov)
In the case of an evacuation:
· Regarding new arrivals: If you have a reservation and choose to come during a voluntary evacuation Ocean Lakes will be happy to check you in!
· Guests must check out in the Main Office if they choose to leave on a voluntary basis (prior to their scheduled departure date).
· Please turn you car pass in as you depart.
· Camping guests will receive a refund or may apply the balance to another reservation if they choose to depart prior to their scheduled departure date.
· If you choose to depart (prior to you scheduled departure date) due to a storm after the Main Office has closed for the night, make sure you turn your car pass in to the Main Gate and let them know it is an early departure. (The car pass will help us know the date to use for your refund.)
· NOTE: During a hurricane watch or warning is the only time we accept a car pass for a refund - otherwise you would need to come to the office in person.