Vacationing at Ocean Lakes Family Campground has become a family favorite, and one of the reasons why being that everything is right here – No need to leave the campground when we have all your needs!
While the Meet N’ Eat has all the meals you need for breakfast, lunch, and dinner – A few quick and easy meals at your campsite would be delicious, give you the true camping feel, and be fun for the whole family!
As shown above, guests incorporate multiple different methods when it comes to cooking and preparing meals at their campsite. Whether you use a fire pit, a more traditional fire, grills, or smokers - Use what you are more comfortable with.
A Day’s Worth of Meals
Breakfast – Strawberry and Nutella “Campfire Crepe”
1. Pie Iron
2. White or Wheat Bread
4. Fresh Strawberries
1. Butter one side of the slice of bread.
2. Spread Nutella on the other side of the slice of bread.
3. Cover the side with Nutella with fresh strawberries.
4. Cover with second piece of bread that has been buttered.
5. Cook over campfire until warm and crisp.
6. Flip pie iron over and continue cooking second side.
Lunch – Camping Quesadillas
1. 4 Medium Flour Tortillas
2. 2 8 oz. Chicken Breasts, Grilled and Sliced
3. 1 Jar Tostitos Salsa Con Queso
4. 1 Can Black Beans Rinsed and Drained
5. 1 Cup Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
6. Tin Foil
1. Spread 1 tablespoon salsa con queso over one side of a tortilla.
2. Place 1/4 cup chicken on half the tortilla over the salsa con queso. Sprinkle 1/4 cup black beans and about 1/4 cup cheese over the chicken.
3. Fold other side of tortilla over to cover ingredients. Place on a piece of tin foil large enough to cover the quesadilla. Leave the ends open.
4. Place the foiled quesadilla on the grate directly over the campfire. Keep over fire to cheese is melted and tortilla is crispy.
5. Remove from the grate and cut in four pieces. No plates needed because you have the foil!
Dinner – Grilled Chicken and Veggie Skewers
1. ¼ Cup Olive Oil
2. ¼ Cup Chopped Basil
3. ¼ Cup Chopped Parsley
4. 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
5. 1 Lemon Juiced
6. 1 Teaspoon Salt
1. ½ Pound Boneless, Skinless Chicken Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces
2. 8 oz Whole Mushrooms - Stems Removed
3. 8 oz Cherry Tomatoes
4. 2-3 Green Onions Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces
1. Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl or ziplock bag. Add the chicken pieces and thoroughly coat. Cover the bowl or seal the bag and marinate for at least one hour. This step can be done at home ahead of time - Place the sealed bag in your cooler.
2. Fire up the grill or get your campfire going. You will be cooking on medium-high to high heat.
3. Build the kebabs by threading the chicken and vegetables onto your skewers.
4. Grill the kebabs over medium-high to high heat, turning occasionally so they cook evenly until the chicken is cooked through - About 10 minutes total.
5. Remove from the grill and enjoy!
Dessert – Campfire S’mores Banana Boats
1. 4 Bananas
2. ½ Cup Chocolate Chips
3. ½ Cup Miniature Marshmallows
4. ½ Cup Crushed Golden Grahams Cereal
1. Cut 4 12-inch sheets of tin foil.
2. Make deep lengthwise cut along inside curve of each banana, being careful not to cute all the way through. Open slit to form pocket.
3. Fill each banana with 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons marshmallows, and 2 tablespoons cereal.
4. Wrap each banana in tin foil, making sure that foil opening is on top. Using tongs, set wrapped bananas in coals of campfire. Cook 8-10 minutes. Carefully remove from fire, peel back tin foil, and enjoy!
Snack - Apple Cookies
1. 1 Apple
2. ¼ Cup Peanut Butter
3. ¼ Cup Almonds, Sliced
4. ¼ Cup Walnuts, Chopped
5. ¼ Cup Shredded Coconut
6. ¼ Cup Chocolate Chips
1. Slice apple into thin rings and remove core.
2. Spread peanut butter over one side of apple ring.
3. Top with almonds, walnuts, coconut, and chocolate chips – Enjoy!
Meal Prep – Camping Style
Those recipes sound quite tasty, am I right?! These are just a few simple meal ideas – The possibilities are endless when it comes to campsite meals!
“Good food is all the sweeter when shared with good friends.”