Pets are one of the big reasons that people camp and we consider them part of the family at Ocean Lakes. This week, we are talking our pet celebration days, campground pet policies, the beach laws for pets, and sharing a few of our favorite four-legged pictures!
Let's get started!
Annual Pet Celebration Days
Ocean Lakes feels pets deserve their special days, too! Join us on July 4th for the Annual Patriotic Pet Parade or during our three Halloweekends for the Pet Costume Contest!
Campground Pet Policies
Ocean Lakes is happy to have your entire family, including your pets! Pets (excluding Rottweilers, Pitt Bulls and exotic animals) are allowed at all campsites. Pets are not permitted in our rental sites – Sorry! We try to keep our policies simple and only modify them when necessary. Pet policies while you are at the campground:
· Sorry, pets are NOT permitted in Ocean Lakes Properties’ rental units, but we do welcome pets at our campsites!
· Do not leave your pet unattended at your campsite.
· Dogs MUST be on a leash at all times.
· Leashes must not exceed 6 feet in length.
· You MUST clean up after your pets.
· CAUTION – Secure pets on golf cars.
· No Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, or any other dangerous or exotic pets allowed.
· No loud barking or unruly behavior tolerated.
· There is a $100 fine for guests who do not clean up after their pets.
Pet Beach Laws
Ocean Lakes has nearly one mile of oceanfront in Horry County limits featuring 18 marked beach accesses.
· Please be aware that in Horry County, pets are not allowed on the beach from 10 AM – 5 PM, May 1 – Labor Day. (This includes the beach in front of Ocean Lakes and part of Lakewood.)
· Surfside Beach does not allow pets on the beach at any time May 15 – September 15. Be aware that Surfside will fine dog owners $500 per dog during this time. (Surfside Beach begins at the South end of Ocean Lakes’ beach front at the Holiday Inn and the city limits end at Melody Lane.)
· Pets must be on a 6-foot leash at all times on the beach, in control, and pet waste picked up.
Fines and Contest Entrance Fees
Rest assured that this is not a source of revenue for Ocean Lakes. Every penny will be donated to our favorite animal charity. Our team relies on local pet care charities to help take care of injured animals found in our park, such as swans and ducks.
Teammates and Fur-Babies
Teammates love seeing guests with their pets in the campground! And, occasionally, you may even see a teammate stop in to bring their fur-baby for a visit. Pictured below is a Security Teammate, Kenneth, with his puppy, Duke. Also pictured below is a Marketing Teammate, Mallory, with her puppy, Milo. Milo may look familiar from being featured on Minute With Mallory – They covered the topic of lost pets in the campground.
Until Next Time
We look forward to seeing you and your pets in the campground! Remember to always tag us or share with us pictures of your four-legged friends when visiting Ocean Lakes.
Have a pawsitively furbulous day! (See what we did there?!)